Sunday 20 January 2013

Gibson Tuck DIY

I'm not an expert at hairstyles, but I love my take on the Gibson Tuck- it's pretty simple to do and it can be worn with anything. Here it is!



To start off, you just need to brush out your hair, and gather it into a low ponytail. I use tiny black elastic bands from Primark, but you can also get these if you have thicker or longer hair. 



Loosen the band, and wiggle your fingers above the ponytail until you have a nice, centred gap. Flip the ponytail inside, and roll it inside so that no stray hairs are sticking out. 


Use bobby pins to keep the hair in place, and pin back any stray hairs. I also pin back my fringe. 



And you're done! If your hair is quite long or thick then you will need a little hairspray to keep it in place. 
Enjoy! Caroline xxx


8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Try it yourself!

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so lovely with this hairstyle! I tried it myself but I don't think I have the right face shape, it's beautiful though x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you- believe me, it just needs a little practice. Its quite hard to get it centred, especially if you are doing it on yourself!
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this style but I seem to just have too much hair for it:/ It looks adorable on you though

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does work a lot better with shorter hair, but one of my friends managed it- try having your ponytail a little higher up to start, so there is more room for your hair later!
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this hairstyle, I wonder if I can do it in my hair, that's a bit longer

    ReplyDelete
  8. it also depends on how thick your hair is, but you can always tie your hairband higher to begin with, so your hair will all fit later.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete