Sunday 7 April 2013

A Peek into my Sewing kit...


Another slightly different post today- I thought it would be nice to show you not necessarily what is in my 'sewing' kit, but more the things I use on a day-to-day basis for general crafty and arty stuff (mmm... good description Caroline...)


So, to start off, I'll show you the things I keep in this little handmade bag (you'll notice, quite a few of the things I have in my sewing box are handmade- if you haven't already seen my illustrated DIY for the pin cushion (below), it's here)
- I have some really pretty fat quarters my sister got for me that are from here
- a pencil case with my craft knife, a pencil, spare blades for my craft knife, a thin paintbrush, a glue stick and a pair of dress-making scissors, 
- a wooden board to paint/glue/rest my cutting mat on, 
- my cutting mat (looking a bit worse for wear now!), 
- papercuts that I haven't finished or don't know what to do with...
- paper to scribble down ideas.


I also have a jar full of beads, buttons, thimbles and an assortment of slightly random things... this jar fills up alarmingly fast!


In my biscuit tin (from Borough market), I keep an assortment of useful bits and bobs:
- Firstly, I have a big jar of lace, ribbon, leftover scraps of sari fabric (sooo pretttyyyy!) 


- old cotton thread, which is the strongest I have come across, and is perfect for both hand and machine sewing. 
- an old tape measure
- tiny bottles of beads, and embroidery thread, to prevent tangling/mixing of colours, and of course because they are cute!
- various types of washi tape (most of mine are by a company called 'mt'- they supply a lot of stationery shops, or you can buy them on etsy)
- an old pack of watercolour paints that is surprisingly good- it's lasted me for absolutely ages! 


-A tiny hand-sewn envelope that holds a miniature needle book
-a jar and pin cushion, all in one! DIY here


- and finally, a tiny jar full of jewellery making supplies- earring,, brooch and ring backs, beading wire, standard wire, green wire (?), beads in tiny packets, collected from various bead shops and metal spacer beads.  


I hope you enjoyed that- I realised it is quite a long post (sorry!) so well done if you are still reading :) 

Caroline xxx

2 comments:

  1. All your stuff is so cute and quirky. I Love it! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete