Monday 24 June 2013

Constellations Embroidery


Yay!A DIY! This is quite easy to do- it only took me an evening, and I just think it is so cute, especially as I used a small (13cm) embroidery hoop. All you need is...
-A small embroidery hoop (like I said, I went for 13cm, but it doesn't need to be exact.)
-Reasonably thick black embroidery thread
-A needle
-Fabric (preferably light coloured, although you could swap it so you are using white embroidery thread on a dark background.)
-A star map. I used this one- bit.ly/19gh0sV 


I put my fabric in my embroidery hoop, cut it down to size and quickly ran a line of stitching round to keep it tight. I then sketched out the star map backwards, so I knew where to stitch. 


I started to sew the piece, using backstitch for the outlines of the stars and then for filling them in. I used a simple running stitch to sew the joining lines. Continue all the way round, and you're done!




Caroline xxx

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I've been wanting to make a series of constellation embroidery to hang on the wall

    ReplyDelete